Kolhapuri masala powder recipe for making Kolhapuri dishes from Maharashtrian cuisine.
Ingredients of Kolhapuri Masala
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Fennel Seeds – 1 tbsp
- White Sesame Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon – 1 pc (an inch long)
- Dry Red Chili – 4 pcs
- Black Cardamom – 1 pc
- Cardamom – 2 pcs
- Clove – 8-10 pcs
- Mace – 1 pc
- Bay Leaf – 2 pcs
- Poppy Seeds – 1 tbsp
- Desiccated Coconut – 2 tbsp
How To Make Kolhapuri Masala
- Heat a pan.
- Add all the spices except desiccated coconut.
- Dry roast until fragrant. Keep flame medium-low to prevent burning.
- Add desiccated coconut & roast again.
- After roasting put off the flame & remove spices from the hot pan. Allow it to cool down for some time.
- Grind roasted spice into a fine powder.
- Your homemade kolhapuri masala is ready.