Kozhukkattai is a popular South Indian dumpling made from rice flour, with a filling of grated coconut, jaggery. Kozhukattai, although usually sweet, can sometimes be stuffed with a savory filling.
Ingredients of Kozhukkattai
- Rice Flour- 2 Cups
- Grated Coconut:- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Grated Jaggery- 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder- 1 tsp
- Ghee- 1 tsp
- Water- 2 and 1/2 cup
- Salt- a pinch
How To Make Kozhukkattai
- Sieve the flour to remove the lumps.
- Add salt, ghee, water and boil it.
- Put this water into the rice powder and knead well to make smooth dough, without any lumps.
- Make big lemon sized balls out of this dough.
- Mix in the grated jaggery, coconut, cardamom powder and set it aside.
- Spread a little oil on your palm and take a ball of dough and flatten it slightly.
- Put a spoonful of the mixture in this and secure all the sides and roll it lightly.
- Steam the kozhukkattas in an idiyappam and serve them warm.