Also called angel wings, these donuts sprinkled with sugar are both crunchy and soft. They are often served during Polish weddings and holidays.
Ingredients Of Krusciki
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 pint of sour cream
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon whiskey
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup sugar
ALSO READ: Rice pudding with raspberry coulis
Direction Of Krusciki
- Heat the oil in a fryer to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks, sour cream, white sugar, vanilla, and whiskey until smooth. Stir in the flour until the dough is firm enough to knead.
3. Unmold on a floured surface and knead until smooth. Knead in additional flour if necessary.
4. Divide the dough into 3 or 4 pieces and roll each ball on a floured surface. Cut into strips about 3 inches long and then make a long slit in the middle.
5. Pull one end like a bow. Place it in hot oil and until it turns to a golden brown, fry them.
6. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with icing sugar.