Kulkul is a sweet deep fried snack. It is prepared during Christmas by Indian Catholics. These small curls of fried dough draped in sugar syrup say it’s Christmas in Goa!
Ingredients of Kulkuls
2 cups all purpose flour
½ cup fine semolino (rava)
2 egg whites
1/3 cup ghee or melted butter
1/2 cup sugar (powdered)
salt to taste
1/4 tsp baking powder
Water to knead the dough
How to Make Kulkuls
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients except oil. Prepare a soft dough.
- Keep this dough aside for one hour covered with a cotton cloth.
- Break off a pea side dough and spread it over a fork and roll it over completely.
- Set aside and complete the above steps until all the Kulkuls have been formed.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and fry the kulkuls, depending on the amount of oil.
- Drain it on a paper towel, serve or store it in an air tight container.