Kanafeh is a traditional Middle Eastern dessert made with shredded filo pastry. It is popularly consumed during the Muslim Ramadan period. However, it is a nice dessert one can consume at any time of the year.
INGREDIENTS of Kunafa Dessert
- Condensed milk- 1/2 can
- Full fat milk-3/4 cup
- Heavy cream- 1 3/4 cup
- Sugar- 1 1/2 tbsp.
- Cornstarch -2 tbsp.
- Semi-frozen Kunafa dough
- Unsalted butter
How to Make Kunafa Dessert
- Coat your baking tray with butter.
- Shred semi-frozen dough into long pieces over a large bowl.
- Add the remaining butter and mix with kunafa shreds to coat evenly.
- Transfer half of the dough to the tray and press firmly.
- Heat milk and heavy cream in a pan, add sugar and cornstarch and whisk until completely dissolved.
- Boil until the mixture thickens. Remove from the stove and pour over the crust.
- Top with the remaining kunafa shreds and bake 40 minutes.
- Remove kunafa from the oven and put condensed milk.
- Garnish with ground pistachio.
- Allow kunafa rest for 10-15 min to absorb the condensed milk.