As the Navratri festival is fast approaching, I have decided to go ahead with the fast or farali Khichdi. Farali Kuttu ki Khichdi, aka Buckwheat Khichdi, which is naturally high in protein and gluten free.
INGREDIENTS Kuttu Khichdi
- 1 Cup Buckwheat groat
- 1 Medium potato
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup chopped peanuts
- 1/2 Chopped fresh coriander
- 1/2 Cup Chopped fresh mint
- 2-3 green chilies finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon clove powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 1-2 tablespoon lemon juice
- Sendha Namak
How to Cook Kuttu Khichdi
- Firstly wash the Buckwheat groat and add some water and soaked for 50 minutes.
- After that add 1 cup water and cook over medium heat for 15 minutes.
- After removing from heat, spread the groats in a plate and cool down completely.
- Now make a paste of coriander and mint and add little water in it.
- Now heat a pan, add some cumin seeds, sesame seads, curry leaves, green chillies, finely grated ginger and give it a quick mix.
- Add chopped potatoes and salt and cook them. Add some water so that potatoes cook properly.
- Now add chopped peanuts, chopped mint, coriander, coriander powder, clove powder, sugar and mix well. At the end add some lemon juice and cook 5 imutes.
- Switch off the gas and khichadi is ready to serve.