This lamb dumpling curry, homemade koftas smothered in a yoghurt-based curry sauce is originating from rural India.
- 3 Tsp olive oil
- 150 g onions, chopped
- 1 Tsp mild curry powder
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 500 g lamb knuckles, cubed
- 1 Tsp mild curry paste
- 1 Tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp curry leaves
- 400 g can tomatoes
- 1 Tsp coriander,chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the dumplings:
- 500 g flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 2 Tsp sugar
- Hot water to make a soft dough
- 1 Tsp butter
How To Make Lamb dumpling curry
- Sauté the onions, curry powder, green peppers and garlic in oil.
- Add the meat and cook for 30 minutes, stirring often. Add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro and seasoning, bring to a boil and cook, covered, until the meat is almost tender.
- Place the meatballs on top of the curry, cover and cook until the meat is tender.
- Add the cilantro and season to taste.
- mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt well.
- Add hot water to make a soft dough.
- Knead 10 minutes, then let it for 1 hour.
- Add the butter and knead the dough for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into handfuls, form balls and let stand 15 minutes.