Latkes Air Fryer: Traditionally, this dish is served during Hannukah, often made with grated potatoes, onions, eggs, and matzo meal, they are impossible not to love. Let’s learn to make them.
- Preparation Time: 20 m
- Cooking Time: 20 m
- Total Time: 40 m
Ingredients To Make Latkes Air Fryer
- frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded onion
- 1 egg
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons matzo meal
- avocado oil cooking spray
Steps To Make Latkes Air Fryer
- Preheat an air fryer to 190 degrees C according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Place a sheet of parchment or wax paper.
- Place defrosted potatoes and grated onion on several layers of paper towels.
- Cover with more paper towels and press to squeeze out most of the liquid.
- Beat the egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes and onion with a fork.
- Sprinkle matzah flour on top and stir until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into ten empanadas 3 to 4 inches wide.
- Place empanadas on parchment or wax paper.
- Spray the fryer basket with oil spray.
- Carefully place half of the empanadas in the basket and sprinkle generously with spray oil.
- Fry in the air until crispy and dark golden brown on the outside, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove the latkes to a plate. Repeat with the remaining empanadas, spraying them with oil spray before cooking.