The recipe is halved on purpose, because the lavender chicken has all the right potential for a dreamy date night like Valentine’s Day.
INGREDIENTS Of Lavender Chicken
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 sprigs of thyme, leaves pulled off stem
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 pieces of bone-in, skin-on chicken, either breast or leg
- Pinch of salt
Also Read: Staffordshire Oatcakes (British)
Direction Of Lavender Chicken
- Crush the lavender using either a mortar and pestle or a rolling pin. In a large bowl, combine the crushed lavender, oil, honey, thyme, zest and lemon juice.
- Mix well. Add the chicken pieces and place the marinade on the chicken until it is well coated. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes (or up to 4 hours).
- Preheat the oven to 400 ° F. Put the chicken and marinade in the roasting pan. Sprinkle the top with salt.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes, turning the pieces halfway.
- Cook the chicken until it has an internal temperature of 165 ° F or when the thickest part is pierced with a skewer, the juices are clear (not red or pink).
- Serve the chicken with cooking juices poured everywhere.