The best way to live a fit and happy life despite this daily inconvenience, is to boost your natural immunity, and including vitamin C rich foods in your diet is one way of achieving this. That’s all the more reason to enjoy this delicious Lemon and Coriander Soup made with vitamin C rich ingredients like lemon, coriander, carrots and cabbage. The vegetable stock used in this recipe also helps boost vitamin C levels of each bowlful. Vitamin C is also helpful in relieving cold and cough, so enjoy this comforting soup piping hot on days you feel down, or any cool winter’s day for that matter.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/4 cup finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp oil
2 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1/4 cup finely chopped cabbage
1/4 cup finely chopped carrots
3 cups basic vegetable stock
salt to taste
2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 2 tbsp water
Also Read: Butter Beans and Mixed Vegetable Cheese Soup
Method To Make Lemon and Coriander Soup
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and carrots and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the basic vegetable stock, lemon juice, salt and cornflour-water mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Add the coriander and mix well.
- Lemon and Coriander Soup is ready. Serve immediately.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||640.7 mcg||13%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.6 mg||5%|
|Vitamin C||29.3 mg||73%|
|Vitamin E||0.1 mg||1%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||22.4 mcg||11%|