The perfect winter aperitif, fish paste is a quick and easy fish recipe to prepare at home. Accompanied by maida and parsley and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Ingredients Of Lemon-Batter Fish
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup lemon juice, divided
- 2 pounds perch or walleye fillets, cut into serving-size pieces
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges, optional
ALSO READ: Lobster Thermidor
Directions Of Lemon-Batter Fish
- Mix 1 cup of flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In another bowl, combine the egg, water and 1/3 cup lemon juice; stir in dry ingredients until smooth.
- Place the remaining lemon juice and remaining flour in shallow bowls. Dip the fillets in the lemon juice, then the flour, then coat them with the egg mixture.
- In a large pan, heat over medium-high heat.
- Fry the fillets until golden and the fish flakes easily with a fork, 2-3 minutes on each side. Drain on paper towels.
- If desired, serve with lemon wedges.