Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
3 cups shredded spinach (palak) , washed and drained
1 tsp oil
1 tsp grated garlic (lehsun)
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the garlic and onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute or till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the spinach and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 1½ cups of water, mix well and bring to boil (approx. 2 to 3 minutes), while stirring once in between.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the milk, salt and pepper, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Low Calorie Spinach Soup is ready. Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||2647.4 mcg||55%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0.1 mg||9%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.3 mg||3%|
|Vitamin C||14.4 mg||36%|
|Vitamin E||0.9 mg||6%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||56.3 mcg||28%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.