Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 1.25 cups (18 tbsp )
1 1/2 cups chopped cauliflower
1 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
1 cup low-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
salt and freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Combine the cauliflower and 2 cups of water in a deep non-stick pan and mix well. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium flame for 7 to 8 minutes or till the cauliflower softens and the water has almost evaporated. Keep aside to cool slightly.
- Blend the cauliflower (along with the little water remaining) in a mixer to a smooth purée and strain it using a strainer. Keep aside.
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add the wheat flour and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds or till the wheat flour turns light brown in colour.
- Add the milk and cauliflower purée, mix well using a whisk till no lumps remain and bring to boil.
- Add the salt and pepper powder, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute, while stirring occasionally.
- Use as required. Low Calorie White Sauce is ready.
|Value per tbsp||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||26.9 mcg||1%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.2 mg||2%|
|Vitamin C||7.1 mg||18%|
|Vitamin E||0 mg||0%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||7.9 mcg||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.