Now you can enjoy your favourite Italian desert without stressing about your waistline, with this classic coffee tiramisu. A rose by any other name would smell as sweet—and so it is with our Low-Fat Tiramisu, made with fat-free milk and sugar-free pudding.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Cook Time: 55 mins
Ingredients Of Low Fat Tiramisu
- 2/3 Cup coffee
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 Egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 200 gms mascarpone cheese
- 100 gms ricotta cheese
- Bitter chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Ladyfinger (biscuit)
How to Make Low Fat Tiramisu
- 1.Prepare strong espresso coffee, mix a spoon of sugar in it. Bring it to room temperature and put it in the fridge to chill.
- 2.Beat the egg yolks till they become creamy. Beat in the sugar and then add the brandy.
- 3.In another bowl, mash the mascarpone cheese with a rubber spatula till its creamy.
- 4.In yet another bowl, beat the ricotta cheese till its smooth.
- 5.Now put together your three mixtures. First add the ricotta to the egg yolk mixture and mix well. Then fold in the mascarpone. Be careful not to overdo the mixing.
- 6.Take a flat bottomed glass bowl. Lightly soak the lady fingers in the chilled coffee, one at a time. Place them next to each other, and layer the base of the dish.
- 7.Then distribute the cream and ricotta cheese mixture on top.
- 8.Repeat the step above with a second layer of ladyfingers, and top it with the creamy cheese.
- 9.Finally grate and sprinkle some bitter chocolate on top and sieve a thin layer of cocoa powder for the finishing touch.