Machcher Dompokht (Durga Puja Receipe): Fish cooked in a gravy of yoghurt, poppy seeds and almonds. It is a festival and most popular receipe.
Ingredients of Machcher Dompokht (Durga Puja Receipe)
- 1 kg rohu-cut into big pieces
- 250 gm ghee
- 1 tbsp onion paste
- 1 tbsp ground poppy seed paste
- 2 tbsp onions-chopped
- 1 tbsp green chillies-chopped
- 1 tbsp ground almond paste
- 500 gm yoghurt
- 100 gm raisins
ALSO READ: MYSORE BONDA (Diwali Special)
How to Make Machcher Dompokht (Durga Puja Receipe)
- 1. Rub the salt into the pieces of fish and sauté lightly over low heat for a few minutes. 2. Mix all the ingredients except the chopped onion in the yogurt and pour over the fish and marinate well.
- 3. Heat the ghee in a kadhai and sauté the chopped onions and add them to the fish.
- 4. Simmer for about 5-6 minutes, then add a teaspoon of ghee and remove from the heat. Serve hot.