These wholesome breakfast cookies are amazing: no flour, delicate sugar or dairy, but they flavor like an oatmeal raisin cookie.
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup creamy peanut butter / creamy almond butter
- ½ cup natural maple syrup / honey
- 3 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup raisins
- In a massive bowl, blend applesauce, maple syrup, and peanut butter, oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and blend thoroughly to mix right into a dough add the raisins.
- The dough may be wetter than you expect. Preheat the oven Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop out 1/4-cup quantities of dough and use the palm of your hand to softly form it right into a cookie to approximately 4-4 inch thick. The cookie won’t unfold even as baking, so make it the form you’d just like the very last cookie. Place it at the organized baking sheet.
- If it doesn’t pop proper out of the cup, you could eliminate it together along with your hands, shape it right into a ball after which flatten it right into a cookie form together along with your hands. Again, the dough may be wetter than a everyday cookie dough. Repeat to make 6-6 smaller cookies with the ¼ cup measure. Press some greater raisins into the tops of cookies.
- Bake till the cookies are golden and firm, approximately 20 to twenty-five minutes. Let cool at the pan five minutes, then switch to a rack and funky to room temperature, approximately 20 minutes. The texture turns into softer at some stage in storage.
- Leftover breakfast cookies will save in a sealed field at room temperature for as much as five days, withinside the fridge for up to two weeks, and withinside the freezer for up to three months. You could wrap in foil and store in a freezer.