On the occasion of the pious Janmashtami, a special bhog of makhan mishri (sweet white butter) is offered to the deity. Makhan Mishri is a mixture of fresh white butter with sprinkle of coarsely grinded mishri.
Ingredients of Makhan Mishri
- A cup of cream collected from milk
- One teaspoon of misri dana
- One Teaspoon of chopped dry fruits but its optional
- few Tulsi Leaves
How To Make Makhan Mishri
- Collect the cream on top of the milk for a few days and you can harvest a cup of fresh milk cream.
- You can also use store-bought heavy cream. Take a cup of cream and put it in a blender.
- Mix well until it becomes thick Now add four to five tablespoons of cold water to it and mix it again.
- The butter and whey will slowly separate.
- Collect the butter in a bowl and add the misri Mix well and add some dry fruits and tulsi leaves and your makhan misri is ready.
- You can keep this as an offering to divinity and then distribute among devotees, friends and family.