Makki di roti is a Punjab unleavened flatbread, made from corn flour, mainly consumed in the Punjab region, in the northern part of the Indian subcontinent. Like most rotis on the Indian subcontinent, it is cooked on a tava.
Prep Time- 5 minutes
Cook Time- 30 minutes
Total Time- 35 minutes
Ingredients Of Makki di roti
- 3 cups Makki ka Atta/ Corn Meal
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
Also Read: Pindi Chole
Instructions Of Makki di roti
- Mix the makki ka atta, salt and vegetable oil in a bowl with your fingertips until everything is well combined.
- Add warm water and knead a soft dough. This dough will behave differently from your regular wheat flour dough because there is no gluten in corn flour.
- keep it for 10 to 15 minutes. Heat a hot plate. Take two sheets of parchment paper.
- Divide the dough into 8-10 equal parts. take part of the dough and add a few more drops of water and knead again for a few seconds.
- Keep the ball of dough on one of the parchment papers and cover another. Gently roll the dough onto a 4 to 5 inch.
- Remove the upper parchment and turn the roti with the lower parchment on the hot plate. Carefully remove the parchment.
- Cook the roasts on both sides until brown spots appear.
- Hold the roti with tongs and cook it in the direct flame on both sides until it is golden brown. Apply ghee on top.
- Serve hot with white butter, jaggery and ka saag saarson.