Malai Poori is a recipe of sweet as well as dessert. It is a very popular Bengali pancake dessert.
Ingredients of Malai Puri
- Milk: 5 cups
- Arrowroot powder: 2 tbs
- Pistachios: 15
- Powdered sugar: 4 tbs
- Green cardamom powder: 1/4 tbs
- Ghee: 1/2 cup
How to Make Malai Puri
- Boil the milk and add arrowroot powder, and simmer on low heat till milk is reduced to half.
- Remove from heat and cool down.
- Blanch pistachios in half a cup of boiling water for two minutes.
- Drain, refresh, peel and cut into slivers.
- Soak saffron in one tsb of warm water for five minutes and make smooth paste.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with ghee.
- Pour a big spoon of thickened milk and spread to form a thin pancake.
- Cook on low heat till golden.
- This procedure can be repeated two or three times to make a layered pancake.
- Turn over, drizzle a spoonful of ghee and cook on low heat till golden.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle powdered sugar, cardamom powder, pistachio slivers and saffron.
- serve hot.