Mango basundi is a seasonal dessert. Basundi naturally flavoured and coloured with the mango pulp is liked by everyone at home.
Ingredients Of Mango Basundi
- 1 litre Full cream Milk
- Sugar 1 & 1/2 tbsp
- 3/4 Cup Mango Puree
- Almonds, Cashew Nuts
- Saffron or Saffron syrup
How to Prepare Mango Basundi
- Heat milk in heavy bottom pan.
- Heat till it comes to a boil.
- Let the milk thicken.
- When the milk reduce to 1/2, add cardamom powder, almonds, nuts and sugar.
- Remove from heat.
- Wash the mangoes and peel them.
- Chop the peeled mangoes.
- In a blender add chopped mangoes and blend them until smooth.
- Let the milk cool completely.
- Add mango puree and saffron or saffron syrup.
- Keep into refrigerator for few hours and serve chill.
- You can garnish with dry fruits and serve as dessert after lunch or dinner.