This eggless mango cheesecake recipe is a no bake vegetarian mango cheese cake recipe made without eggs and gelatin.
- 20 Marie biscuits
- 3 tablespoon melted butter or honey
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3 medium mangoes – yields about 2 cups of mango pulp.
- 200 to 225 grams plain cream cheese
- 200 ml amul cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar
- 5 to 6 tablespoon chopped agar agar strands or 3 to 3.5 teaspoon agar agar powder
- ¾ cup water
Make the lower layer of mango cheesecake:
- Break the cookies and add them to a food processor or a dry grinder and sprinkle them.
- Add the cinnamon powder and the honey and mix them once more until the honey is homogeneous.
- Grease a removable pie pan base with unsalted butter.
- Place the powder cookies on the pie pan and with your fingertips, press on them and make an even layer.
- Store in the refrigerator for about 15 to 20 minutes for the bottom layer of breadcrumbs to set.
Make Upper and Middle Layer:
- Cut the agar sticks and soak them in 1/2 cup of water for 20 to 25 minutes in a small saucepan. Peel and chop the mangoes.
- Prepare a smooth puree of chopped mangoes in a blender. Divide the mango puree into two equal portions in separate bowls and set aside.
- In another bowl or saucepan, take the cream cheese, cream, vanilla extract and sugar. With a wire whisk, whisk this mixture very well until smooth. You can also use a stand mixer or a hand mixer or food processor.
- Then add half of the mango puree and mix gently with the cream cheese mixture. Now heat the pan containing the agar-agar and the water over a sim or low flame.
- Continue stirring and cook this mixture until the agar agar dissolves completely in the water and you see a smooth gelatinous liquid. When the agar-agar solution becomes hot, take equal portions.
- Add a portion of the warm agar-agar solution to the mango cream cheese mixture and stir quickly and vigorously. Add the remaining half to the mango puree and stir again quickly. If the mangoes are not sweet, add sugar to this half of the mango puree before adding the agar agar solution.
- In this case, the agar agar solidifies, then reheats it again by adding a little water. You can also keep it in a hot water bath to melt it again. Pour the mango cream cheese mixture over the layer of cracker crumbs.
- Gently shake the pan to spread even the cream cheese. With a spatula, even the second layer of mango cheesecake. Keep the pan in the refrigerator for about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove and gently spread the mango + agar mixture on the middle layer of cream cheese. With a flat spatula, carefully spread the last layer.
- If the mango puree has become thick with the agar agar it contains, then microwave slightly. Cover the pan and keep in the fridge so that the mango cheesecake hardens for 5 hours.
- Unmold carefully then place the cheesecake on a cake stand.