Throwing a dinner party? How about making this deliciously rich and creamy meringue roulade? The best part is it’s low in fat and gluten free.
Nutrition per portion
Ingredients of Passion fruit meringue roulade (Low Fat And Gluten Free)
- 5 large egg whites
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 25g icing sugar, to dust
- 400ml double cream
- 175g mango, chopped
- 4 passion fruits, seeds scooped out
- 10g desiccated coconut, to garnish
Method of Passion fruit meringue roulade (Low Fat And Gluten Free)
- Preheat oven to 150 ° C.
- Line a 30 cm x 20 cm (11 in x 8 in) Swiss roll pan with parchment paper. Using an electric whisk, whisk the egg whites into firm peaks, then gradually incorporate the powdered sugar until the mixture is firm and shiny.
- Add the cornstarch. Spread the meringue evenly in the prepared Swiss pan, then transfer to the oven to bake for 1 hour.
- Leave to cool completely in the can. Place a sheet of parchment paper on the work surface and sprinkle with icing sugar.
- Carefully remove the meringue from the paper and peel off the sheet attached to its base. Flip carefully.
- Using the electric whisk, whip the cream into soft peaks then spread over the meringue, leaving 1 cm of edge around the edge.
- Sprinkle over the mango and passion fruit then pour over the passion fruit pulp.
- With one of the short ends of the meringue closest to you, use parchment paper to carefully roll up.
- Sprinkle with icing sugar and sprinkle with desiccated coconut to serve.