A pickle is preserved food containing chopped vegetables or fruits with vinegar and spices. These spices increase the nutritional value of the pickle and add a lot of flavour to it. Today will give you recipe of mango pickle masala.
Ingredients of Mango Pickle Masala
- Salt – 3/4 cup
- Fennel Seeds – more than 1/2 cup
- Fenugreek seeds – 60 gms
- Yellow Mustard – 80 gms
- Turmeric powder – 45 gms
- Red chilli flakes – 20 gms
- Red chilli powder (Degi Mirch) – 20 gms
- Black pepper – 10 gms
- Asafoetida – more than 1 tsp
How To Make Mango Pickle Masala
- Add 60 gms of fennel seeds, 5 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds, 80 gms mustard seed, a 1/2 cup of mustard seeds, 1.5 tablespoons of black pepper and dry roast them.
- Roast the spices while continuously stirring them for 5 minutes on the medium flame.
- Remove the spices in a separate plate to cool them quickly.
- Add them in the grinder jar to grind.
- Separate the ground spices in a bowl and add 3/4 cup of salt, 45 gms of turmeric powder, 20 gms of coarsely ground red chilli, 4 tablespoons of Degi Mirch, 5 gms of asafoetida.
- Mix it well with the coarsely ground whole spices and the Masala mixture is ready to be served.