Mango Rasmalai is soft, spongy and easy Indian Dessert. The creamy thickened milk is flavoured with smooth mango pulp and few aromatic saffron for an indulgent exotic taste.
- Prep Time: 1 hr
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Total Time: 1 hr 45 min
INGREDIENTS of Mango Rasmalai
- Milk – ½ liter
- Vinegar – 1 tbsp
- Ice cubes – 1 cup
- Pistachio – 1 tbsp, chopped
- Saffron strands
- Milk – 2 cups
- Mango puree – ½ cup
- Sugar – ¼ cup
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
FOR SUGAR SYRUP
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Water – 4 cups
How to Make Mango Rasmalai
- Add ¼ cup water then add milk and boil well.
- When the milk starts to boil add lemon juice.
- This curdled milk is called chenna.
- Remove the pan from the stove. Now gently pour the chenna in the muslin cloth and the water will start draining gradually.
- Hang the cloth for 40 minutes till all the water is drained.
- Now using your hand knead the chenna/ paneer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes of proper kneading you will be able to make a soft dough with that chenna.
- Make small rolls. Make the ball very small as it will double in size when put in sugar syrup.Now covered the balls with muslin cloth to prevent drying.
- Add water, sugar and cardamom in a pan, and boil well.
- When the sugar syrup boils really, drop the rasmalai one by one, and cook it covered for 15 minutes.
- Put off the flame and allow it to cool down completely. When the rasmalai is cooled completely remove them from the sugar water one by one.
- Heat milk in a pot. Allow it to boil well.
- When the milk has boiled well add sugar and cardamom powder, boil for a minute then put off the flame. Now cool down.
- After cooling add mango puree.
- Now add the rasmalai to it.
- Refrigerate it for an hour and garnish it with chopped pistachios and saffron.