If you’ve had a late lunch and are looking for something a little lighter to end your evening, turn to these mango summer rolls with ginger and peanut sauce. Made with vermicelli noodles, rice paper in a spring roll and a dynamic range of vegetables, these summer rolls are the perfect DIY adventure, to mix and match after a long day at the office.
INGREDIENTS of Mango Summer Rolls with Ginger-Peanut Sauce
SPRING ROLL INGREDIENTS:
- 2 ounces rice stick (vermicelli) noodles
- 2 mangoes, peeled
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 English cucumber, thinly sliced
- quarter of a small red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 10–12 spring roll wrappers
PEANUT SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce (or tamari)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/3 cup warm water
Also Read: Tofu Lettuce Wraps
INSTRUCTIONS of Mango Summer Rolls with Ginger-Peanut Sauce
- To make the peanut sauce: whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl until they are combined. If you want a thinner sauce, whip more water.
- To make the spring rolls: cook thin rice vermicelli noodles according to the directions on the package.
- Once they are al dente, transfer the noodles to a colander and rinse with cold water until the noodles are completely refrigerated.
- Mix carefully with a drizzle of oil to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Put aside. Fill a large, shallow pan with lukewarm water. Put a package of spring rolls in hot water and let it sit for about 20-30 seconds until it is soft, but not mushy.
- Transfer the packaging from the spring roll to the plate (or a clean towel spread on a flat surface, which will help the packaging not stick).
- Place your fillings in the center of the packaging in a vertical line. Fold the top and bottom sides of the package.
- Then fold the left side of the package, tuck in the trim and roll the package to the right until it is sealed.
- Serve immediately with peanut sauce or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.