If you can’t decide on chocolate or vanilla, why not have the best of both worlds?
Ingrediants for Marble cake
- 250 g of soft butter
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 60 ml of oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of milk
- 3 cups of sifted cake flour
- 4 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 8 teaspoons of cocoa
- 8 teaspoons of hot water
- Ganache Chocolate :
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1/3 cup of milk
- 150 g of chocolate pieces
Steps w to make Marble cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Whip the butter with the sugar, add the oil, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth. Sift the flour and baking powder, make a fountain in the center and add the milk. Mix to form a smooth batter and take 1 cup of batter and place in a separate bowl. Mix the cocoa and water together to form a paste. Add the chocolate paste to 1 cup of batter and mix. Grease or line 2 round baking sheets and add 4 large tablespoons of vanilla batter to each pan and level evenly.
- Put the chocolate mixture in a pastry bag and make a circular motion from the center of the pan to the edge of the pan. Cover the pans with the rest of the vanilla batter and level it. Take the chocolate batter and make a circle as before. Run a knife from the center of the cake to the edge of the pan as if you are cutting the cake, don’t go deep only on the top. Do this until a network is formed. Bake for 25 min. Leave to cool.
- Prepare the ganache by melting 1 tablespoon of butter with 1/3 cup of milk, add 150 g of chopped chocolate and mix. Allow to thicken slightly and spread evenly on 1 layer, finally add the other layer of cake on top.
- surve Marble cake to sweet toothers.