Sparklin’ Marshmallow Crispy Treats recipe – Kids love making and eating these yummy star-shaped cereal treats. After inserting onto pop sticks they’re decorated with icing and sprinkles.
Ingredients of Marshmallow Rice Krispies
- 1/4 – cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1 – bag Marshmallows (6 cups)
- 6 – cups KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal
- 24 – wooden pop sticks
- 1 – tube each: red, white and blue decorating gels
- 2 – Tbsp. each: red, white and blue sprinkles
Also Read: Chocolate Cake Pops (Children Special)
Instructions of Marshmallow Rice Krispies
- LINE a 13 x 9 inch pan with aluminum foil, with the ends of the foil extending over the sides of the pan; lightly grease the aluminum foil.
- MICROWAVE butter in a large microwave safe bowl 45 sec. or until it is melted. Add marshmallows; mix to coat.
- Microwave 1-1 / 2 min. or until the marshmallows are completely melted, stirring after 45 seconds. Add cereals; mix well.
- Firmly press the cereal mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan; cool. REMOVE cereal mixture from pan with aluminum handles.
- Cut into a star shape, using a large star-shaped cookie cutter.
- Insert a wooden stick into the side of each star.
- Decorate with gels and glitter.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.