Potato filled samosa is very common and you might have had them infinite times. But you can also try making Mawa Samosas at home and serve with evening tea. Your kids will definitely like the Mawa Samosas.
Ingredients of Mawa Samosa
- Mawa – 100 gms.
- Sugar – 75 gms.
- Cashews – 15
- Raisins – 30
- Cardamom – 4
- Maida – 400 gms.
- Ghee – 100 gms.
- Ghee – to fry the samosa.
How to make Mawa ke Samose
- Roast mawa in a heavy bottom pan until it turns brown.
- Mix sugar, cashews, raisins and cardamom to it and mix well.
- Sieve the maida in a bowl and add ghee to it.
- Knead the flour with luke warm water and leave it covered for half an hour.
- Take a small portion of the dough, roll it out with hands in circular motion, press it and roll in into a little thick flat disc of 4 inch.
- Cut the disc into 2 equal parts in the shape of half moon.
- Take one part and stick it from the corners with the help of water forming a cone shape. Fill this cone with 1 tea spoon filling.
- After filling the cone with the stuff, place a plate at the bottom corner and stick both the corners with water.
- Press the corners with hands gently and close the corners.
- Take a pan and heat oil in it to fry the samosas.
- Take them out of the pan and keep them on the plate covered with paper napkin.
- Your Mawa Samosas are ready. Serve the hot crispy samosas with coriander chutney and sweet chutney.