Usually, nachos are served with salsa, cheese sauce, bean dip, curd mayonnaise, etc. But I wanted to try a simple, instant dip recipe using store-bought egg-free mayonnaise, just like those served at restaurants like Mc Donald’s and Tacos. Finally, I made this No Cheese, No Fire Garlic Mayonnaise Dip while I was looking for some easy mayonnaise dips for chips and nachos. It can also be served with potato wedges and fries. I won’t say this one tastes exactly the same as the restaurants, but it was delicious. The kids will love it for sure. We savored it with savory nachos and potato chips for our weekend snacks. Raksha liked it a lot. Basically, we all love to eat French fries with regular store-bought mayonnaise. When you spice it up with spices like garlic, oregano, basil, pepper powder, chili flakes, and olive oil, it takes it to the next level. So, friends, try this delicious, easy, instant, no-cook, mayonnaise dip for nachos and fries. You will love it!
1 cup = 240 ml
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Tomato ketchup – 1.5 tbsp
- Chili flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Garlic powder or crushed garlic – 1/2 tsp.
- Oregano or Italian seasoning – 1 tsp.
- Basil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Olive oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Hot water – 1 tbsp (if needed)
HOW TO MAKE A MAYONNAISE DIP FOR NACHOS
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients given above except the hot water.
- After mixing the dip, check the consistency.
- If it’s too thick, add a little more olive or hot water.
- Mix well and serve with Nachos, Chips, Potato Wedges or Fries!