Meatball subs (New Zealand): Warm and comforting, this delicious meatball sub recipe will soon be a lunch box favourite.
Ingredients of Meatball subs (New Zealand)
- 500 grams minced beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (35g) stale breadcrumbs
- 2/3 cup (50g) finely grated parmesan
- 1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (250ml) tomato pasta sauce
- 6 long soft bread rolls
- 60 grams baby rocket leaves
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar (optional)
ALSO READ: Macaron (Festive Recipe)
Method of Meatball subs (New Zealand)
1.Combine beef, egg, bread crumbs, half the Parmesan cheese and parsley in a bowl; roll the tablespoons of the mixture into 24 meatballs.
2. Heat oil in a large deep nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook the meatballs, turning over for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
3. Add the pasta sauce to the pan; bring to a boil.
4. Separate the rollers lengthwise, without cutting completely. Spread the sides of the sauce.
5. Combine the arugula and vinegar in a small bowl; divide the salad between the rolls.
6. Fill each roll with four meatballs and sprinkle with the rest of the Parmesan.