Khakhra is a traditional Gujarati snack which is healthy, crispy and delicious on its own or with pickle or curd.
Ingredients of Methi Khakhra
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Methi Leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Cumin seeds
- Dry ginger powder
- Spinach Leaves
- Mint Leaves
How to Make Methi Khakhra
- Combine the whole wheat flour, fenugreek leaves, red chilli powder, asafoetida powder, turmeric powder, oil and salt in a big bowl.
- Knead by adding little water at a time, till it becomes stiff dough. Cover the dough rest for fifteen minutes.
- Divide the dough into equal portions.
- Roll out the each ball into very thin circles by dusting on flour.
- Heat an iron pan in medium high heat; add one rolled out portion of the Khakra dough. Once you notice a few air pockets popping out flip the rolled dough.
- Put a teaspoon of oil around it and using a wooden press.
- Flip over continue the press and turn motion on medium heat.
- Take the Khakhra off from heat.
- Once the Khakhra is cooled completely store the them in an airtight container.