A snack that is sure to make you drool, the Mexican Cheese Fajita combines the best of everything – wrap, spread and filling! You will love the interplay of flavours and textures in this yummy and sumptuous snack. Enjoy it immediately after preparation.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 7 fajitas
7 flour tortillas
7 tbsp guacamole
7 tbsp green salsa
7 tbsp grated processed cheese
7 tsp of butter for cooking
For The Paneer Filling
1 cup chopped paneer (cottage cheese)
2 tsp oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup chopped capsicum
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped green chillies
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
salt to taste
For the paneer filling
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions, capsicum, garlic and green chillies and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame, add the paneer, coriander and salt and mix well.
- Divide the paneer filling into 7 equal portions and keep aside.
How to proceed
- Place a flour tortilla on a clean and dry surface, spread 1 tbsp of green salsa and 1 tbsp of guacamole evenly over it.
- Put a portion of the paneer filling on one side of the tortilla and sprinkle 1 tbsp of cheese evenly over it.
- To roll, fold the two opposite ends of the tortilla over the stuffing. Start rolling the tortilla from one open end over the 2 folded sides. Roll the entire tortilla tightly and wrap it.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 to make 6 more fajitas.
- Heat 1 tsp of butter on a non-stick tava (griddle), place 1 fajita and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes till all the sides turn golden brown in colour.
- Repeat step 5 to cook 6 more fajitas.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per fajita
|Vitamin A||389.6 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||-0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||-0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.7 mg|
|Vitamin C||14.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||3 mcg|