- 3/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Gustus Vitae spicy chocolate cinnamon cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a microwave, melt butter and chocolate; stir until smooth. Beat in brown sugar and corn syrup until blended. Beat in egg. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, spicy chocolate cinnamon sugar and salt; gradually beat into brown sugar mixture. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, mix confectioners’ sugar and cinnamon. Shape dough into 1-1/2-in. balls; roll in confectioners’ sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake until set and tops are cracked, 10-12 minutes. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to finish cooling.