Quick, easy and snazzy, the Mexican Fried Rice is a recipe that will strike the right chord with everyone. The peppy taste and strong aroma of ginger garlic paste along with the crunch of veggies and the tang of tomatoes makes this a really delectable treat for your palate.
The varied textures of the veggies also turn out to be very attractive. If you have cooked rice on hand, this yummy recipe will take very little time to make, so you can enjoy it even on a busy day. Serve it hot.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 4 servings
3 cups cooked rice (chawal)
3 tbsp oil
1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
1/2 cup finely chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup thinly sliced capsicum
salt to taste
1 cup boiled mixed vegetables (sweet corn , carrots and french beans)
To Be Ground In To A Coarse Chilli-garlic Paste
5 whole dry kashmiri red chillies
4 to 5 garlic (lehsun) cloves
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the prepared chilli-garlic paste, tomatoes and capsicum and sauté on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the salt and 2 tbsp of water and sauté on a medium flame for a minute.
- Add the mixed vegetables and 1 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and a little salt, mix well and cook no a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||380.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||21 mg|
|Folic Acid||14.1 mcg|