Fraisier is a French style strawberry layer cake which typically comprises of four main components- biscuit sponge, simple syrup, crème mousseline and glaze.
- Prep Time: 1h
- Bake Time: 20m
INGREDIENTS of Mini Fraisier Cakes
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 large egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar for decoration
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons berry liquor, orange liquor or fruit juice
- 2 cup strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- heavy cream
- 3 tablespoon sugar
How to Make Mini Fraisier Cakes
- Butter and flour in pan. Sift together flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Separate eggs. Make sure no egg yolk enters egg whites.
- In bowl whip egg yolks for a minute. Add 2 tablespoons sugar and whip about 10 minutes. Add salt and vanilla.
- Whip egg whites, 3 tablespoons sugar, and cream of tartar for 10 min in a seperate bowl.
- Add half of flour and gently fold until incorporated; add remaining flour and combine ensuring a light mixture.
- Place in oven.
- Bake about 20 minutes. Turn upside down and place on a sheet of parchment paper, paper towel.
- Meanwhile make syrup by boiling water and sugar. Remove from heat and chill on ice. Once cooled add liquor.
- Slice cooled cake horizontally in half. Using a round cutter, cut circles that will fit snugly on the bottom of your glasses.
- Place cake circles into glasses and spoon a generous tablespoon of syrup in each glass.
- Remove stems from strawberries and stand point up. Cut thick slices. The smaller sides of the strawberries will be used on the inside of the dessert.
- Press large strawberry slices on the sides of the glass into a row.
- Place smaller strawberry pieces in center of glass onto cake.
- In a cold bowl whip heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until it makes soft peaks.
- Spoon whipped cream into the glass covering strawberry pieces.
- Fit another piece of cake into the glass and moisten it with a generous tablespoon of syrup.
- Spoon about 4 tablespoons of whipped cream into the glass and top with a layer of blueberries.