Mini Mixed Moong Daal Chila (Baby and Toddler): This recipe is a perfect example that children are capable of eating the same dishes you eat – just that you need to tweak them a bit to make them baby-friendly.
Preparation Time: 5 mins Cooking Time: 10 mins Total Time: 15 mins Makes 7 mini Chilas
2 tbsp yellow moong daal (split yellow gram), soaked for 1 hour and drained
2 tbsp green moong daal (split green gram), soaked for 1 hour and drained
restricted quantity of salt
a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
1 1/4 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine the yellow moong daal, green moong daal and approx. 3 tbsp of water in a mixer and blend till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add the salt and asafoetida and mix well.
- Heat a mini uttapa pan and grease it using ¼ tsp of oil.
- Pour a spoonful of the batter in each uttapa mould to make a 75 mm. (3″) diameter round.
- Cook all the chilas, using 1 tsp of oil, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Mini Mixed Moong Daal Chila is ready. Serve immediately.