This Mini Nachni Uttapa quick fastener is made of ragi flour rich in calcium and vegetables rich in fiber, which help build healthy bones and improve the overall health of your child. Your child will also be fascinated by the new texture of this uttapa and the splashes of color induced by the vegetables. So she will swallow it before knowing it!
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 14 servings
1/2 cup ragi (nachni / red millet) flour
2 tbsp curds (dahi) , preferably made from cow’s milk
2 tbsp grated carrot
2 tbsp grated cabbage
a pinch of chilli powder (optional)
restricted quantity of salt (optional)
2 1/2 tsp oil for greasing and cooking
- Combine the curd and ½ cup of water in a bowl, mix well and set aside.
- Mix the ragi flour, the carrot, the cabbage, the chili powder, the water-curd mixture and the salt and mix well.
- Heat a mini non-stick uttapa pan and lightly grease with ¼ tsp. On oil.
- Pour a spoonful of dough into each of the 7 molds and cook all the uttapas with 1 teaspoon of oil, until they turn golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to prepare 7 additional mini-uttapas in 1 additional batch.
- Mini Nachni Uttapa is ready. Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per mini uttapa