Once you’ve tried this homemade peppermint hot chocolate, you’ll never reach a packet of instant cocoa! It has a nice rich texture and just the right amount of peppermint flavor. This peppermint hot chocolate is PERFECT for the holiday season! It is made of melted chocolate, milk and a little cream, so it is rich and comforting and smooth like silk on the way down. It contains just the right amount of peppermint, so it’s refreshing but doesn’t taste like mouthwash. And it’s topped with a big spoonful of cocoa whipped cream, because why stop at just one kind of chocolate in your cup?
INGREDIENTS FOR HOT CHOCOLATE WITH PEPPERMINT:
- 3 cups of milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt
- 12 oz finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- ½ to 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (to taste)
FOR COCOA FILLED CREAM:
- ¾ cup of heavy cream
- ¼ cup caster sugar
- 2 spoon unsweetened cocoa powder
ALSO READ: Leaf Bread (Christmas Special)
INSTRUCTIONS Of Mint Hot Chocolate
- To make the peppermint hot chocolate, mix the cream, milk and salt in a medium saucepan and place over medium heat.
- Heat the milk, stirring occasionally and scraping the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula so that the milk does not burn. Bring to a boil so that bubbles appear along the sides of the pan.
- Once simmered, remove the pan from the heat and add the chopped chocolate. Whisk everything until the chocolate has melted and the drink is creamy and smooth.
- Add ½ teaspoon peppermint extract, whisk and taste. Add more mint extract, if desired, to get your perfect flavor.
- To make the cocoa whipped cream, mix all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk on medium-high speed until medium peaks form.
- Serve the hot chocolate hot, with a large spoonful of cocoa whipped cream on top. Peppermint hot chocolate can be made ahead of time and stored in a container in the refrigerator until you are ready to enjoy.
- It can be reheated on the stove or in the microwave.