This miso glazed salmon is an easy meal packed with maximum flavor! The broiled salmon is drizzled with a miso and soy glaze.
Prep Time –5 mins
Cook Time –10 mins
Total Time –15 mins
INGREDIENTS for Miso Salmon
- 2 Tbsp red miso
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 2 Tbsp sugar (less or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 6-ounce skinless salmon fillets
Direction for Miso Salmon
- Mix the miso, sake, soy sauce, and sugar in a small bowl.
- Pour half the mixture into a container large enough to hold the salmon fillets, then pour the rest over the top of the fish.
- Make sure the fish is covered with miso sauce. Cover the container and let marinate for at least 30 minutes, and overnight.
- Grill the salmon: line a universal pan with aluminum foil. Brush a little vegetable oil on the aluminum foil and place the salmon fillets on top. Make sure there is a thin, even layer of marinade on the fish.
- Place fillets within about 6 inches of your oven’s grill element. Grill for 6 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets and the heat of your grill.
- The marinade has sugar in it that can easily cause the glaze to burn.
- If it starts charring and the cooking isn’t yet finished, place the fish on a lower rack in the oven.
- Serve with rice and stir-fried vegetables.