These old-fashioned pancakes are fluffy inside and crispy outside. Onion adds nice flavor.
Ingredients of Mom’s Potato Pancakes
Directions of Mom’s Potato Pancakes
- Combine the potato, onion, eggs, crackers, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Pour enough vegetable oil into a pan to fill about 1/2 inch deep, heat over medium-high heat.
- Place spoonfuls of the potato mixture, first pressing the potato mixture against the side of the bowl to remove excess liquid from the hot oil, slightly flatten the latkes in the oil with the back of your spoon so that they are evenly thick.
- Cook in hot oil until golden and crisp, 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Drain the latkes on a plate covered with a paper towel.