Moong Dal Halwa is an Indian dessert made with skinless split green gram. It’s a very rich sweet with loads of ghee and dry fruits and is made especially for festivals or weddings. Here is how to make Moong Dal Ka Halwa.
- TOTAL TIME -35m
- PREP TIME -10 m
- CALORIES -786
Ingredients of Moong Dal Ka Halwa
- 1 cup ghee
- 3 cup moong dal
- 3 cup of water
- 2 tablespoon chopped almonds
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 green cardamom
- 1 cup mil
- 2 tablespoon chopped cashews
- pinch of Kesar for color
Also Read: Jalebi
How to make Moong Dal Ka Halwa
- First soak the moong dal in water, preferably for 12 to 15 hours.
- After that, make a smooth paste of dal in a blende. Avoid using water and leave the dough a little thick. When the dough is ready, make the sugar syrup.
- Heat the mixture to prepare the syrup. Now put in cardamom pods. Now heat ghee or butter in a saucepan over a slow flame.
- Meanwhile, chop some almonds and pistachios. Take a pan and once the ghee is hot enough, add the dal paste and continue to stir until it turns golden.
- Add Kesar for the orange color. Now add milk or khoya and cook it for a while. In case you are using khoya cook for 4 minutes, while if you are using milk, you will have to wait until it becomes thick like a cream.
- You can also add almond paste if you want to make it more creamy. Then add the sugar syrup and turn off the flame and add the chopped nuts.
- Moong dal ka halwa is ready to serve.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios and almonds.