Mutton Beliram Recipe: This dish was named after the famous historical chef Beliram of Maharaja Ranjit Singh’s kitchen who was the best cook of that time. It was said that Maharaja was so happy with his dish that he himself named the dish “Gosht Beliram” as that his name will be present forever through his dish.
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 500 Gram Mutton
- 4 Tbsp Desi Ghee
- 2 Tbsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 1/2 Cup Curd
- 2 Nos Onion, sliced
- 2 tsp Ginger, chopped
- 2 tsp Garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 3-4 Nos Cloves
- 4-5 Nos Green Cardamom
- 4 Nos Black Peppercorn
- 1 Sticks Cinnamon
- To taste Salt
- To garnish Fresh Coriander
- Take a large bowl, add curd, sliced onion, chopped ginger and garlic, red chili powder, cloves, green cardamom, black peppercorn, cinnamon stick and salt. Mix it well.
- Add mutton cubes in it and rub evenly. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Take a thick bottom vessel add ghee and coriander seeds. Saute it for 15-20 seconds, add the marinated mutton.
- Along with marination turn to high heat until the liquid comes to boil.
- Now, lower the heat cover it and simmer it till mutton is cooked, stir at regular intervals.
- Uncover it and increase the heat to medium, saute it till oil starts to release, it should has a semi dry consistency.
- Mutton Beliram Recipe is ready. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve hot.