Mutton do pyaza is a delicious Mughlai dish of Hydrabadi cuisine. It is very easy to make and can be a part of an exotic meal at occasions like birthdays, anniversaries, pot luck, kitty parties and even festivals.
Ingredients of Mutton do pyaaza
- 450 grams Mutton
- 1 Onion , thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs ginger garlic paste
- 1/2 tbs Turmeric powder
- 1/2 Cup curd
- 1 Tbs Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbs Cumin powder
- 1 tbs Coriander Powder
- 1 Tbs garam masala powder
- 2 Green Chillies
- 2 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Coriander Leaves , Chopped
- 1/2 tbs Lemon juice
- 1 Onion
- 6 Dry Red Chillies
How to Make Mutton do pyaaza
- Sauté sliced onions using a tablespoon of oil, till browned in a pan.
- Add ginger garlic paste. Mix. Sauté till the raw smell disappears.
- Add turmeric powder, goat meat and mix well.
- Add a little water, and cook on medium high for 30 mins.
- Add dry spices like coriander, cumin powder, red chilli powder and Yogurt. Mix well, cover and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Add Garam masala, sprinkle chopped coriander and salt.
- In a medium pan, heat 1 tablespoon oil and add dry red chilies.
- Add roughly chopped onions. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until tender and browned. Pour this over mutton.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Squeeze juice of half a lime.