Mutton Shami Kebab Recipe: Shami kebab is a wonderful snack from hyderabadi cuisine. This easy-to-cook shami kebab recipe is made by mutton though Shami kebabs can be vegetarian too. A perfect snack for dinner parties at home, mutton shami kebab will be great as a starter dish served with an accompaniment of your choice.
Recipe Servings: 2 Prep Time: Cook Time: Total Cook Time:
- 500 Gram Mutton Keema
- 1/2 Cup Chana Dal
- 2 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Mace
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 7 Black Peppercorns
- 1 Brown Cardamom
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Onion
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 Lemon
Method To Make Mutton Shami Kebab Recipe
- In a bowl soak ½ cup of chana dal for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp ghee in a pressure cooker. Add cinnamon stick, mace, cloves, bay leaf, green cardamoms, black peppercorns and brown cardamom. Mix them thoroughly.
- When they crackle add mutton Keema to it.
- Now add salt and red chilli powder.
- Mix it thoroughly and cook for a minute.
- Add soaked chana dal and mix it well by adding a cup of water.
- Pressure cook the mixture until the mutton gets soft.
- After 1-2 whistles remove the cover and mix it well.
- If water remains, cook till the mutton dries up.
- Grind and then refrigerate for 30 minutes to get a thick paste.
- Mix onion, green chilli and lime juice to this paste and mix thoroughly.
- Make flat balls out of this dough and refrigerate for another 10 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp of ghee in another pan and shallow fry the kebabs from all sides until golden brown.
- Place them on an absorbent paper and serve hot.