Nasi Padang is a Padang steamed rice served with a variety of pre-cooked dishes from Indonesia. It is known throughout Indonesia as Nasi Padang, after the city of Padang, the capital of the province of West Sumatra.
- Prep Time: 30 min
- cook time: 30 min
ingredients Of Nasi Padang (Indonesian Receipe)
- 2 chicken, each cut into 8 pieces (used 16 drumsticks)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- juice of 1 lime
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 bay
- 5 kaffir lime leaves
- 400 ml coconut milk
Grind the following into spice paste
Nasi Padang preparation:
- Rub the chicken with salt and lime juice in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside for 30 minutes, then rinse and dry. Heat the oil and brown the spice paste until it is fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Add the bay leaves, kaffir lime leaves, coconut milk and chicken.
- Bring to a boil Reduce the heat and simmer until the chicken is completely cooked and the sauce is slightly reduced.
- Turn off the heat, strain the chicken and reserve the basting sauce. Preheat the broiler on high power for 3 minutes.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the chicken to the prepared pan and grill until the surface is charred, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Brush chicken with sauce if necessary.