These are not just any scrambled eggs. These are super creamy Nduja scrambled eggs served on sourdough toast and sprinkled with fresh chilli from Brixton based cafe Salon. If you’re not familiar with nduja it’s a spreadable version of salami that’s got a good kick to it and paired with eggs takes it to a whole new level.
INGREDIENTS of NDUJA SCRAMBLED EGGS, SALON
- 8 eggs, at room temperature
- 8 thick slices sourdough bread
- For drizzling: extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved, for rubbing
- 150 gm ‘nduja, at room temperature
- To serve: grated Parmesan and oregano
Also Read: Yummy Yorkshire pudding
METHOD of NDUJA SCRAMBLED EGGS, SALON
- Cook the eggs in a saucepan of boiling water until they are cooked to your liking (6 minutes for simmering).
- During this time, sprinkle the bread with olive oil, then grill it under a hot grill, turning it once (2-3 minutes).
- Rub with the chopped garlic, then spread in a thick layer with ’nduja.
- Cut the eggs in half, place on toast ‘nduja, drizzle with additional olive oil, season to taste, garnish with parmesan and oregano and serve hot.