It is fulfill of healthy ingredients like dry fruits, legumes and whole wheat that are sweetened with sugar and juices and cooked all together in one pot. This pudding traditionally contains apricots, raisins, currants, figs, pine nuts, walnuts, hazelnuts, chickpeas and white beans to name a few ingredients.
Ingredients of Noah’s Ark pudding
- 2 cups barley, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup dried chickpeas, soaked overnight and drained
- 1 cup dried white beans, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup sultanas
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 cloves
- 1 tsp grated orange zest
- ¼ cup almonds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- 2 cups sugar
- ¼ cup dried currants
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ pomegranate
- ¼ cup pistachios, chopped
How to make Noah’s Ark pudding
- Wash and drain barley, chickpeas and white beans separately.Boil the chickpeas in a large saucepan with 6 cups of water.
- After 10 minutes, drain. Boil again with 15 cups of water Bring to a boil, until the chickpeas are almost cooked.After that Rinse and drain.
- Repeat the process with the white beans also.Rinse the barley many times, then place it in a saucepan with 7 cups of water.
- Rinse with cold water, then return the pan to another 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil for 30 minutes.
- Now place the figs, apricots, sultanas and raisins in a bowl with hot water covering.Slice the apricots and figs.
- When the barley is tender, briefly blend with a stick blender to thicken slightly if desired. Add three quarters of the figs, apricots, sultanas, raisins and slivered almonds and a half each of the walnuts and peanuts.
- Cook for 5 minutes and adding the sugar. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Add sesame seeds. Cook for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Serve the asure into small dishes and garnish with the pomegranate seeds, chopped pistachios and the remaining walnuts, peanuts, sesame seeds and dried fruit.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve.