Nut butter cups have been my favorite candy for as long as I can remember. The best thing about these nut butter cups is that once you make a batch you can easily store them in the fridge or freezer for a sweet treat whenever you want!
PREP TIME:1 HOUR 20 MIN
Ingredients of Nut Butter Cups
- 12 oz dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ½ cup creamy almond butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sea salt
How to Make Nut Butter Cups
- Add the dark chocolate and coconut oil to a microwave bowl.
- Bake for 1 minute and then stir until the chocolate is fully melted.
- Line a mini muffin tray with liners.
- Put 1 teaspoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of the muffin liners.
- Place the muffin tin in the freezer for 10 minutes to let the chocolate harden.
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup, and vanilla extract to a small mixing bowl and stir until well combined.
- Now spoon in around 1.5 teaspoons of almond butter into the center of each cup.
- Cover the almond butter filling with around ½ tablespoon more of melted chocolate until the filling is completely covered.
- Sprinkle each cup with a little sea salt and place in the freezer to harden.