Nutritious Pumpkin Soup: Add zing to your meal with this aromatic Kaddu Soup, which is flavoured beautifully with dill seeds. The delicious combination of pumpkin and carrots is enjoyably sweet, and does not require much salt.
Moreover, pumpkin is low in sodium, which makes this Nutritious Pumpkin Soup a boon for those with high blood pressure. Enjoy this tasty and nutrient-dense soup hot and fresh.
Preparation Time: Cooking Time: Total Time: Makes 5 servings
2 cups roughly chopped red pumpkin (bhopla / kaddu)
1 tsp oil
1 tsp dill seeds (suva dana)
1/2 cup roughly chopped onions
1 cup roughly chopped carrot
1/4 tsp salt
freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
- Heat the oil in a pressure cooker; add the dill seeds and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the pumpkin and carrot and sauté on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add 4 cups of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Blend the mixture in a mixer till smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a deep non-stick pan, add the salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Add a little pepper and mix well.
- Nutritious Pumpkin Soup is ready. Serve hot.
|Value per serving||% Daily Values|
|Vitamin A||645.1 mcg||13%|
|Vitamin B1 (Thiamine)||0.1 mg||10%|
|Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)||0 mg||0%|
|Vitamin B3 (Niacin)||0.5 mg||4%|
|Vitamin C||3.4 mg||9%|
|Vitamin E||0.6 mg||4%|
|Folic Acid (Vitamin B9)||12 mcg||6%|