cheela recipes have always been a traditional recipes and is typically prepared with besan or chickpea flour. but lately, there has been many variants of cheela recipes prepared with many other alternative ingredients. one such hugely popular, particularly in indian cosmopolitan cities is oats chilla recipe. it has become popular because of the usage of oats and its health aspects, yet offers the taste in a conventional way.
- PREP TIME: 5 MINUTES
- COOK TIME: 15 MINUTES
- TOTAL TIME: 20 MINUTES
Ingredients of Oats Chilla
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup besan
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ inch ginger – chopped
- 1 green chilli – chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¾ cup water or add as required
- salt as required
- oil as required
Directions for oats chilla
- Dry roast 1 cup rolled oats. Take unflavored oats while we add spices. Roast until the oats become crisp.
- Cool the oats completely and mix into a fine powder without adding water. Transfer the oatmeal powder to a large mixing bowl, also add 2 tablespoons of rava for binding, now add ¼ cup of curd and 1 cup of water.
- Whisk and mix to obtain a smooth dough without lumps. In addition, add ¼ tsp. turmeric, ½ tsp. ginger paste, 2 peppers, ½ tsp. crushed cumin. Also add 2 tablespoons of onion, 2 tablespoons of tomato and ½ teaspoon of salt.
- Mix well to form a thick and fluid chilla dough. Moreover, pour a ladle of dough on a hot tawa and spread gently.
- Pour ½ teaspoon olive oil over the chilla. Cover and cook over medium heat for one minute. Now turn the chilla over and cook both sides, pressing gently. finally, the oat chilla is ready to serve with green chutney.